Board Secretaries' Network [Online]
23 November 2021
The Board Secretaries' Network, in association with the Chartered Governance Institute (Ireland) will reconvene for a year-end virtual round table session, following on from our busy session in early September. The September session included peer-to-peer discussion on issues of topical importance to Secretaries, and the intention of this session is to pick-up on the agenda of items and any other matters the group wishes to raise and discuss.
The session will consider issues under some or all of the following areas:
- Board meetings
- Conflicts of Interest/Loyalty
- Board vs Executive responsibilities
- Induction and Training for new members
- Provisions in the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies (2016)
- Getting the most from effectiveness reviews
- Subsidiary companies
- Company law responsibilities/updates
If attendees wish to have a specific issue raised for discussion, they should contact Tom Ward in advance (email@example.com).